Monday 28 April 2014

Assignment 3 Submission (Update)

For this particular assignment we had to create a mass using the waffling or sectioning technique. I decided to use the sectioning techniques. I began by creating my form by using points which were controlled by sliders. I then created curves through those points and used the sweep commands on my created curves to extract my main form. I then divided my form into smaller parts using the divide command and used the solid difference command to subtract a few spheres from my main form in order to accomplish the finished mass. Lastly, I extruded my surface to give it depth and baked it into Rhino and began sectioning it for laser cutting.

Below are a few screenshots of my script and finished mass.

The above screenshot conveys my final script in GrassHopper

The screenshot above shows my final model which I have baked into Rhino
Above is sheet 1 of 2 of my layers that I will be laser cutting

Above is sheet 2 of 2 of my layers that I will be laser cutting
I believe that my skills in using GrassHopper have improved dramatically over the semester. This particular project has enabled me to use my developed skills in using GrassHopper and Rhino to produce this sectioned mass and I believe that I can only improve in future projects.

GrassHopper File
Rhino File

Update 16/6/2014 - Design Refinement

I decided to refine my current submission for assignment 3 laser cutting an interesting surface which I developed using GrassHopper and laser cutting it using the waffling technique to convey the contours of the surface. Below is a screen shot of the final script from GrassHopper and also an image of the final model.
Part 1 of script
Part 2 of script
Part 3 of script

Final script of refined model


GrassHopper File

No comments:

Post a Comment