Tuesday 1 April 2014

Assignment 2 Submission

For this assignment we had to create a tessellated surface in GrassHopper and Rhino which we would then 3D print to produce a physical model. At the start of this project I had many obstacles trying to create a parametric tessellated surface using GrassHopper due to my short knowledge in using GrassHopper. 

However, after watching many online tutorials and through the help of my tutor I was able to understand the basic concept and the procedure involved in creating a tessellated surface using GrassHopper. Below are some screen shots of my script in GrassHopper and my final surface explaining some of the procedure that I undertook to create the end result. 


The above screenshot shows a series of points that I created in GrassHopper which are controlled in the x,y and z directions using sliders. The above script was repeated to create another series of points for the second curve.

The above screenshot shows my created curves that used the series of points which I created earlier in the project. I then lofted both curves to create a surface that I then placed in a surface container to begin the tessellation process.

The above script uses a series of division commands, lines and item containers to create parametric surfaces which can be adjusted based on the u and v values and also in the directions of x,y,z.

The above screenshot conveys my final tessellated surface created using the script attached in GrassHopper.

I'm overall pleased with my final outcome for this project which has further developed my skills in using GrassHopper which has made me realise the powerful capabilities of GrassHopper and how it can be applied to Architectural solutions. 




Tutorials which I have viewed to help me create my tessellated surface.





No comments:

Post a Comment